Experience Your Education. Pursue Your Interests.
MacNeal Hospital's Transitional Year Residency Program:
- Offers a comprehensive one-year curriculum that emphasizes hands-on medical study and the freedom to explore elective specialties.
- Views you as an important part of our team - with full acceptance among all departments and equal access to resources.
- Supports your goals by providing a broad based residency education in a modern, well-equipped, multi-site institution.
- Provides a wide range of learning experiences under the supervision of board-certified physicians, senior residents, researchers and other MacNeal Hospital faculty.
- Our affiliations with Northwestern University and the University of Illinois assures high quality medical education experiences.
- Prepares you for lifelong learning through critical examination of current medical literature.
- Includes a strong benefits package.
- USMLE score on Step 1 of 225 or above on first attempt.
- You cannot be out of medical school more than 3 years when applying.
- Please note, we do not sponsor any visas.
- We only accept applications through ERAS.
- Deadline for ERAS Applications is October 31st.
If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Vaso Zafer, Program Coordinator, at (708) 783-3403