Inpatient Acute Care, Sub-acute Rehab and Outpatient Care
Physical therapy involves the evaluation, assessment and treatment of medical disorders and injuries/trauma caused by muscular or neurological conditions. The goal is to reduce limitations, restore function and achieve maximum independence so you can better enjoy everyday activities.
The Evaluation Process
Physical therapists at MacNeal begin by evaluating your individual needs in order to:
- Identify your limitations in range of motion, strength and balance
- Gauge your functional mobility in bed mobility, walking and stair climbing
- Assess your need for a walker, crutches or a brace
- Educate you and your family on your condition
- Create your plan of care
Conditions We Treat
MacNeal is here to help if you or a family member need treatment for:
- Post-surgical conditions (orthopedic, cardiac and general medicine)
- Orthopedic conditions such as post-casting, neck and back pain, tendonitis and arthritis
- Neurological conditions including stroke
- Post-trauma or -injury conditions
- Balance disorders/vertigo
- Work-related injuries
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
To find out more about how MacNeal Physical Therapy can care for your family, please contact us at (708) 783-3134.