Inpatient Acute Care, Sub-acute Rehab and Outpatient Care
Occupational therapy involves the evaluation, assessment, and treatment of upper body dysfunctions caused by medical disorders and injuries/trauma. Your quality of life is enhanced by addressing activities of daily living (ADLs) and by promoting your independence and well-being.
The Evaluation Process
The occupational therapists/certified hand therapists at MacNeal begin by evaluating your individual needs to:
- Identify your limitations in range of motion, strength, and balance
- Assess your deficits in ADLs
- Assess your need for adaptive equipment or a brace/splint
- Educate you and your family on your condition
- Create your plan of care
MacNeal is here to help if you or a family member needs treatment for:
- Post-surgical conditions (orthopedic and neurological)
- Orthopedic conditions like post-casting, wrist/hand pain, tendonitis, arthritis
- Neurological conditions including stroke
- Post-trauma/injury conditions
- Work related injuries
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To find out more about how MacNeal Occupational and Hand Therapy can care your family, please contact us at (708)783-3134.