MacNeal Hospital Achieves Gold Standard In Nursing Excellence…
Wondering why Magnet® Recognition Matters?
"The Magnet Recognition Program® provides consumers with the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of care they can expect to receive."
— The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
When receiving care at a Magnet recognized hospital, you can expect:
- Better patient outcomes.
- Increased patient safety practices.
- Access to technological advancements in health care.
- Increased attraction and retention of outstanding nurses.
Did you know…?
- MacNeal joins an elite community of Magnet hospitals…of the 6,000 health care organizations in the U.S., fewer than 400 are Magnet organizations.
- The Magnet credential is a testament to the role our nurses play every day—participating in the decision-making process, practicing with autonomy, and providing high-quality and safe care for every patient.
- The Magnet Recognition Program focuses on advancing three goals:
- Promoting quality of care.
- Identifying excellence in the delivery of nursing services to patients.
- Disseminating nursing care best practices.
- The best nurses work for hospitals that have achieved Magnet recognition …research indicates that Magnet hospitals consistently outperform their peers in recruiting and retaining nurses, which enables them to provide consistently high quality care.
- Magnet hospitals encourage and support continuing education and professional growth. In addition they maintain a strong culture of professional collaboration and cooperation among nurses, physicians and allied health professionals which enhances patient safety and improves outcomes.
The Magnet Recognition Program was developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to recognize healthcare organizations that provide nursing excellence. The program also provides a vehicle for disseminating successful nursing practices and strategies. Recognizing quality patient care, nursing excellence, and innovations in professional nursing practice.