- All Services (Accredited by The Joint Commission)
- Full Cycle IV Chest Pain Center with PCI (Accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
- Cancer Center (Accredited by The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer)
- MacNeal has achieved Magnet® status from the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which ensures that rigorous standards for nursing excellence are met.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield Blue Distinction Recognition
Blue Distinction Center designations are given to healthcare facilities that have demonstrated better overall outcomes in the delivery of specialty care.
Aetna Institute of Quality
Designated as an Aetna Institute of Quality Facility for Orthopedic Care.
Awards & Recognitions
Truven Health Analytics
- Top 50 Cardiovascular - 2016
- Top 50 Cardiovascular - 2015
- Top 50 Cardiovascular - 2014
- Top 100 Hospitals - 2014
- Making Medicine Mercury-Free - 2015
U.S. News & World Report
- Best Regional Hospital for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - 2014-2015
- Best Regional Hospital for Geriatrics - 2014-2015
- Best Regional Hospital for Orthopedics - 2014-2015
- Best Regional Hospital for Urology - 2014-2015
American Heart Association (AHA)
- Get with the Guidelines Awards
- Heart Failure—Gold Quality Achievement Award - 2012
- Stroke—Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award - 2015
- Mission Lifeline 2015
- Gold receiving award for prompt emergency cardiac care.
- Start! Recognition Program
- 2011 Fit Friendly Company Gold Achievement Award, MacNeal has been recognized by the AHA for meeting criteria for employee fitness for the 4th consecutive year.
2013 EDAP - MacNeal’s Emergency Department is recognized by state designation as a hospital skilled in treating critically ill or injured pediatric patients.
2011 Gallup Great Workplace Award - 2nd consecutive year for MacNeal Hospital received the Great Workplace Award.
2011 Practice Greenhealth -Partner Recognition Award - Environmental Excellence Category
MacNeal Hospital has achieved ANCC Magnet Recognition® from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), which recognizes healthcare organizations that demonstrate excellence in nursing services. This recognition is the highest national honor for nursing excellence and serves as the gold standard. This is a credential that reaffirms the hard work and dedication of our entire staff.
As a 2014, 100 Top Hospitals award winner, our leadership team, medical staff, and employees — together as a team — have met national benchmarks for the highest balanced performance in the U.S. in terms of patient care, patient satisfaction, and financial operations.
As a 2016, 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals award winner, our leadership team, medical staff, and employees — together as a team — have met national benchmarks for the highest balanced performance in the U.S. in terms of patient care, patient satisfaction, and financial operations.
The Practice Greenhealth Making Medicine Mercury-Free award recognizes facilities that have virtually eliminated mercury from their facilities and have demonstrated a commitment to continue to be mercury-free. Award criteria include mercury-free management and purchasing policies, and staff education.
The cancer center at MacNeal is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC). Accreditation of a cancer center is granted only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in cancer diagnosis and treatment and are able to comply with established CoC standards.
The Accredited Chest Pain Center at MacNeal has demonstrated expertise and commitment to quality patient care by meeting or exceeding a wide set of stringent criteria and undergoing an onsite review by a team of SPCP’s accreditation review specialists.
The American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a multidisciplinary organization dedicated to the mission of reducing morbidity, mortality and disability from cardiovascular and pulmonary disease through education, prevention, rehabilitation, research and disease management. Central to the core mission is improvement in quality of life for patients and their families.
MacNeal Hospital is recognized as a EDAP (Emergency Department Approved Pediatric) facility. MacNeal’s Emergency Department is recognized by state designation as a hospital skilled in treating critically ill or injured pediatric patients.
MacNeal has been ranked as one of the best hospitals for 2014-15 in Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Orthopedics and Urology. In addition to achieving high performance in these specialties, MacNeal was also regionally ranked as one of the top hospitals in the metro area for the third consecutive year. This recognition represents the great care our physicians, employees and volunteers provide every day at MacNeal.
The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association recognize this hospital for achieving 85% or higher compliance with all Get With The Guideline®-Stroke Achievement Measures and 75% or higher compliance with five or more Get With The Guideline®-Stroke Quality Measures for two or more consecutive years to improve quality of patient care and outcomes.
The American Heart Association recognizes this hospital for achieving 85% or higher composite adherence to all Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center Performance Achievement indicators for consecutive 24-month intervals and 75% or higher compliance on all Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center quality measures to improve the quality of care for STEMI patients.